In the age of consumerism, we are ceaselessly drifting amidst the backwash of our absurd habitual practices with materials, wading through this senseless cycle of producing, using and discarding. It is in this swell I find myself drudging through the murky currents of our material culture. Yet still, I wish to go farther into the depths of its enchantment.
Through a critical and visceral interaction with waste materials refined and repurposed from in and around the environs in which I make work, my predominantly sculptural practice intends to initiate dialogue around this illogical yet now incidental material practice with which we engage on a daily basis.
- Sample Studios Graduate Residency - Studio member for the months of Sept-Jan 2016
- Culture Night Open Studios Event
- Longlisted for the RDS Visual Artists Awards 2016
- L.S.A.D Degree Show June 2016: In which I received a BA Hons Fine Art (1:1) in Sculpture and Combined Media Limerick School of Art and Design, Limerick
- July 2016 : Technician and Research Internship at the Lewis Glucksman Gallery, Cork
- April 2016: Group Show, LSAD End of year Student and Tutor and recent graduate Exhibition
- April-June 2016: Venue Manager of Michael Joo’s ‘This beautiful shipped wreckage (which we interrogate).. At Sailor’s Home one of six venues for EVA International, Limerick.
- April-June 2016 : Invigilator at both Sailors Home and Cleeves’ Condensed Milk Factory for the duration of EVA International, Limerick.
- Oct-June 2015/2016: Research and Liaison Intern for the EVA International Ireland’s own Biennial of contemporary art
- Upcoming: National Sculpture Factory Graduate Award 2017
- TACTIC/Sample-Studios Graduate Award Exhibition Opportunity 2017